Sunday, December 9, 2012

Brunch and Jazz

Garage Restaurant and Cafe


Garage in the West Village is one of my go-to spots for brunch.  I've taken both friends and family to this little gem.  What I like about it is that the AYCD (all you can drink-duh) deal is cheap but the atmosphere is anything but.  You feel classy sipping on mimosas while a live jazz band performs across the room. The deal is $17 for any brunch item and add $6 for unlimited mimosas or bloody mary's for an hour. They also have some really excellent items on the menu, I highly recommend the Smoked Nova Scotia Salmon Scrambled Eggs or the Vanilla Bean French Toast.



My advice is get a seat on the opposite side of the restaurant as the band.  Although they are extremely charming they can be a little on the loud side.  In the summer months this is a wonderful place to come for a seat outside and the doors are left open so you won't miss out on the jazz. I also think this a great place for a group to get together but I do recommend a reservation for a group of more than 4.





99 Seventh Ave South at Grove Street

No comments:

Post a Comment